As of September 1, 2011 the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology is no longer using NIC for examinations. Furthermore, Candidate Information Bulletins (CIBs) have been replaced with Testing Information Packets (TIPs). Additional study material can be found at Milady and Pivot Point.
All tests are normally scheduled three to five weeks in advance of the planned test date. Candidates for testing will be notified by official mail of their final test date and any requirements for the exam.
Should any individual have a question regarding their date and type of test to be administered by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology, please contact the Board at (614) 466-3834.
EXAMINATION “NO SHOW” FEE
Applicants that fail to attend the
scheduled examination date, must contact the Board a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled examination date by
calling/voicemail 614-644-9217 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emails or voice messages not left at the designated email address or voicemail number will not be accepted. Failure to provide a 48 hour notice of cancellation will increase your reschedule fee.
Work Permit Policy
Applicants scheduling for an examination will
only be issued 1 (one) Work Permit which will expire on the date of their
originally scheduled examination. Should the examinee not keep their original examination date, they will not be issued a second work permit.
- Exam Admittance-Dress Code Info
- Exam Center Rules
- Exam Infection Control Information
- Examination Reschedule Application
- How To Make A Mannequin Hand
- Infection Control Guidelines
- Notice of 3 Time Failure
- Prohibited Acts
- Universal Precautions
Testing Information Packets
- Cosmetology Practical Testing Information Packet
- Cosmetology Theory Testing Information Packet
- Esthetics Practical Testing Information Packet
- Esthetics Theory Testing Information Packet
- Hair Design Practical Testing Information Packet
- Hair Design Theory Testing Information Packet
- Manager Test Testing Information Packet
- Nail Technician Practical Testing Information Packet
- Nail Technician Theory Testing Information Packet
- Natural Hair Stylist Practical Testing Information Packet
- Natural Hair Stylist Theory Testing Information Packet