TO APPLY FOR AN INDIVIDUAL LICENSE: CLICK HERE
Currently, Ohio is NOT accepting reciprocity Manicuring Applications.
Instructor License by Reciprocity Information
Persons holding a valid license to teach the theory and practice of cosmetology, or any branch of cosmetology, in other states, or from other countries, may obtain an Ohio license to teach cosmetology, or any branch of cosmetology, under section 4713.34 of the Ohio Revised Code
if all of the conditions are met:
- The individual holds an active instructor license or equivalent in cosmetology, or any branch of cosmetology.
- The individual is not less than eighteen (18) years of age.
- The individual is of good moral character.
- The requirements to obtain the license in the other licensing jurisdiction of origin extends similar reciprocity opportunities to individuals licensed in Ohio.
- At the time the license was obtained in the other licensing jurisdiction, the requirements in this state for obtaining the license the applicant seeks were substantially equal to the requirements of that licensing jurisdiction.
Ohio License by Reciprocity - Certification of Work Experience
Cosmetology Rules on Reciprocity
Barber Rules on Reciprocity